This privacy notice explains how Peace | Crowell collects, uses and discloses personal information through our website and through social media platforms, in providing legal services to our clients and in dealing with our service providers.
When we refer to “personal information” in this privacy notice, we mean any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on this website (such as requests for client alerts and updates) or when you contact us for information. This includes your contact details such as name, job title, employer (company, firm or organization), email address, phone numbers and postal address.
- Information that you provide in applying for a position with us. This includes your contact details such as name, email address, phone numbers and postal address, information about the position for which you are applying, information included in your curriculum vitae and other information collected through our recruitment process.
- Information that we receive from you or from others in relation to our provision of services to our clients.
- Information that we receive when you interact with us via social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
- If you provide services to us (or if you work for a company that provides services to us), we collect your contact details such as name, email address, phone numbers and postal address, as well as other information related to your role in providing those services.
How do we use your information?
We use personal information that we collect about you in the following ways:
When you provide information to us it will be processed by us or on our behalf in accordance with the provisions of applicable General Data Protection Regulation and data protection laws. If we store this data it will be held on computer or in hard copy form. Personal information submitted to us will be used for the purposes of providing legal services, handling your job application, addressing any inquiry made by you, or notifying you of our services if you have opted to receive that information.
In circumstances where we use your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please use the PERSONAL DATA REQUEST page of this website to contact us for details on how to withdraw your consent.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To third parties (such as other parties to transactions and their advisers) as necessary in providing services to our clients.
- To companies who provide services to us, such as hosting and other information technology services.
- In order to comply with applicable law and regulation, a legally binding request from a governmental or regulatory body or law enforcement agency, or any other legal obligation to which we are subject.
- In order to detect or prevent fraud.
- To enforce our contractual and other rights.
If you would like to update any personal information that you provide through this website, or if you would like a copy of the personal information that we collect about you through this website, please use the PERSONAL DATA REQUEST page of this website to contact us.
If our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information is subject to European Union data protection law (for example, if the personal information is collected or used by our London office), you have a number of additional rights in relation to your personal information:
- You can ask us to confirm what personal information we hold about you and to provide you with a copy of that information.
- You can ask us to correct any personal information about you that is inaccurate.
- You can ask us to delete your personal information where there is no legal basis for us to continue to hold that information.
- You can ask us to stop using your personal information temporarily if you are objecting to our right to use it.
- You can object to our using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to hold that data.
- You can object to our using your personal information for marketing purposes.
- If we are processing your personal information on the basis of your consent or necessity for a contract, you can ask us to provide you with the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly-used electronic format, or to transmit that information directly to another company if that is technically feasible.
- You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority if you are not happy with how we have handled your personal information – you can find a list of supervisory authorities here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Please note that some of these rights may be subject to exceptions under European data protection law and national data protection law (such as exceptions to protect information that is subject to legal professional privilege).
You can choose whether to accept or refuse most cookies on our website. Some cookies are necessary for our website to function, which means that we will need to set them if you want to use our website.
You can also disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting some features of our website may not function properly.
Where do we store your information?
This website is hosted in the United States. If you are located in another country, any personal information that we collect about you through this website will be transferred to, and stored in, the United States.
Many of the service providers we use to store personal information are located in the United States. To ensure an adequate level of protection over personal data, we execute appropriate nondisclosure agreements with these service providers
We may also transfer your personal information internationally in order to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, where this is necessary for the exercise, establishment or defense of legal claims, or in other circumstances permitted by applicable data protection law.
In order to protect personal information, we maintain an information security policy which includes various policies and standards related to passwords, remote access, access control, encryption, change management, electronic communications, business continuity, incident management, vendor management, physical security and acceptable use.
We employ multiple technology and security solutions to safeguard our networks and data. These include dual layer firewalls, web and email content inspection, scanning and filtering, antivirus software, malware protection, host intrusion detection and prevention, zero-day threat prevention and application control software. We support transport layer security encryption for secure email communications.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities. We have a Secure Sockets Layer (security) certificate installed on this website.
We are a global firm with affiliated offices in different jurisdictions. The firm uses a shared services arrangement under which affiliated firm entities in different locations perform administrative services for the firm, and as a result personal information is shared with firm affiliates, subject to confidentiality arrangements.
We retain personal information in accordance with applicable law and regulation and our records retention policy is based on these laws and regulations. The period for which we keep your personal information is determined by a number of criteria, including our legal and regulatory obligations, the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, and the potential risk from any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
This website contains links to websites operated by other companies. This privacy notice applies only to this website (and the data for which we are the data controller), so if you follow a link to any of these websites please make sure you read their privacy policies and notices.
Users can visit our site anonymously. We do not plant cookies or use advertising when a do not track browser mechanism is in place. We do not allow third party behavioral tracking. We do not market to children.
We comply with the Fair Information Practices in the United States. In the event of a data breach we comply with the notification and redress principles set out in the Fair Information Practices.
In accordance with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act, if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can use the PERSONAL DATA REQUEST page of this website to contact us and we will promptly remove you from all marketing correspondence.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or about any of the personal information that we hold about you, use the PERSONAL DATA REQUEST page of this website to contact us.